Great Image of the Thrill of Win vs Sadness of Loss
by: Corey Geier
Amazing image that really displays the agony of defeat vs the rush from a great win. This was take from Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs Game 7 Overtime game May 13th 2013. The Boston Bruins took on the Toronto Maple Leafs in a Game 7 playoff match up for the ages. Bruins trailed 4-1 midway through the third period, and many people thought the game was over. Bruins score to make it 4-2. Bruins then pulled the goalie and Patrice Bergeron was the man of the night as he tied the game and also won it in OT for Boston. It was a recorded setter also, as no team has ever came back from being 3 goals down in game 7. Not to mention Toronto had a 3-1 series lead at one time.
This picture is a great example of the feeling of victory and the feeling of loss all in one, with the goalie laying on the ice while the rest celebrate. I think this is a great picture and you can really see both sides of the highs and lows of sports.
- Bruins’ comeback epic in many respects (espn.go.com)
- Bruins Defeat Maple Leafs In Overtime Of Game 7 (ridethepine.com)
- Boston Strong: Bruins Historic Comeback Victory Symbolizes City’s Resilience (breitbart.com)
- Toronto Maple Leafs: History on line in Game 7 vs. Bruins: Cox (thestar.com)
- Maple Leafs vs. Bruins Game 7 recap: Boston eliminates Toronto (sbnation.com)
- Bruins Score Twice in Final Moments of Game 7 to Force Overtime Against Maple Leafs (Video) (nesn.com)
- Toronto Maple Leafs Force A Game Seven Against The Boston Bruins (thefarmclub.net)
- Bruins beat Leafs 5-4 in overtime in Game 7 (vancouversun.com)
- Game 7: Bruins-Leafs Preview; Do or Die Time (titletownsportsnetwork.com)
- Discuss: Bruins’ incredible comeback pushes them past Toronto (prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com)