By: Corey Geier
Have you been looking around for a free program that allows you to turn your iPhone or Android phone into a webcam that you can use to stream live video in chats? Yes, you can do video chats right on the iPhone & Android phone using apps like Skype but then, that’s going to be at a cost: you either don’t get the good quality of the iSight camera, or if you use it, you don’t get to see the other person. Fine, what’s the solution? Turn your iPhone or Android phone into a webcam for your system. Things are as simple as they sound thanks to this apps that are designed to turn your iPhone or Android phone into a webcamera that you can use for all your video chats on programs like Skype, Google Hangouts in Google+. Etc.
EpocCam by Kinoni
Price: Free (HD version available)
Apps that turn your iPhone & Android phone into a webcam aren’t usually free. The good ones are sold at over 3 dollars apiece. Interestingly, this version of EpocCam is free and comes with a neat set of features. The performance isn’t all that great but it’s passable. The HD version is an epic one though: has everything you’ll possibly need.
- FaceTime versus Fring: iPhone 4 video chat throwdown (reviews.cnet.com)
- Skype for iPhone: It’s official (reviews.cnet.com)
- Facebook Launches Messaging App for iPhone & Android [FIRST LOOK] (epicagear.com)
- Apple Takes The Wraps Off iPhone 5 (misco.co.uk)
- iPhone 5S (Rumours) vs iPhone 5 – Know Your Mobile (knowyourmobile.com)
- What makes an iPhone so easy to love? (socialpronline.wordpress.com)
- Skype – version : 4.6 – iOS Application (anonymousunion.wordpress.com)
- 5 Best Travel Apps for iPhone (freshtechweb.com)
- Check out this new “iPhone 6″ concept video (idownloadblog.com)
- App Deals: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone – Lifehacker Australia (lifehacker.com.au)