FAIL – She Really DID Just Say That!
Are you kidding me? Yes this news anchor really said this on national TV.
A Fox affiliate, the San Francisco powerhouse station KTVU, is dealing with the fallout of a major error on Friday. During their noon broadcast, a report on the deadly Asiana Airlines crash took a turn for the unintentionally offensive when they broadcast the names of pilots in charge of that flight. The mangled Asian-sounding names were, in fact, thinly-disguised expletives mocking the sentiments expressed by the crash victims and their families.
The supposed names of the crash victims broadcast on KTVU included “Sum Ting Wong,” “Ho Lee Fuk,” and “Bang Ding Ow.”
A KTVU anchor later apologized for the error. She said that the names were inaccurate in spite of the fact that a National Transpiration Safety Board spokesperson confirming them.
- ‘Ho Lee Fuk’: Someone Pranked San Francisco TV Station Into Reporting Fabricated Names Of Asiana Pilots (mediaite.com)
- Fox Affiliate KTVU Apologizes For Racist Asiana Airlines Reporting Error (deadline.com)
- Anchor Fail: KTVU Gives Glaringly Wrong Asiana Pilot Names (newsy.com)
- San Francisco TV Station, NTSB Issue Apologies Following Asiana Airlines Prank (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Asiana Airlines considering legal action over fake pilot names (kgw.com)
- KTVU pranked during SFO crash, reports Captain’s names ‘Sum Ting Wong’ and ‘Wi Tu Lo’ (pix11.com)
- KTVU apologizes after on-air gaffe of Asiana pilot names (usatoday.com)
These are the most current Team Values for each Major League Team calculated in March 2013
|Rank||Team||Current Value ($mil)||1-Yr Value Change (%)||Debt/Value
|Revenue ($mil)||Operating Income ($mil)|
Los Angeles Dodgers
New York Mets
San Francisco Giants
San Diego Padres
Toronto Blue Jays
- Forbes: MLB teams see historic surge in values (espn.go.com)
- Shrewd Business Decisions Drive Baseball Values Up 23% (breitbart.com)
- 2013 Predictions and Useless Guesses (thebaseballhaven.mlblogs.com)
- MLB Twitter Handles and Follower Counts (sportsnetworker.com)
- Forbes: Yanks are MLB’s most valuable franchise (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Forbes survey ranks Cubs as most-profitable team in MLB (suntimes.com)
- The List: 2013 Forbes MLB Teams Value (everyjoe.com)
- Evan Roberts’ 2013 MLB Season Preview And Predictions (newyork.cbslocal.com)